It has been a great beginning to our 2018/19 school year and I decided to visit our students to see what they say has been a hit so far. Here’s what they told me….
- Savannah (gr.6) – I like building snow forts (when we had snow)…she is also predicting a green Christmas.
- Brock (gr. 4) – He says PAT time with Mr. Kipfer is really fun.
- Arion (JK) – He is enjoying the magnets in Kindergarten.
- Caeden (gr. 5) – He is pretty happy about going to his first dance this year. He also asked if we could have mistletoe at the next one (don’t worry that is a no!)
- MJ (gr. 3) – He really likes science and social studies, in particular, building bridges and learning about plants.
- Matthew (gr. 1) – He likes playing cops and robbers outside.
- Audrey (gr. 8) – She likes being in Mr. Hunt’s class.
- Zach (gr. 6) – He enjoyed being on the volleyball team and going to the tournament to compete and “hang out”.(They also came in second place – yeah team!)
- Jack (SK) – (This warmed my heart.) I like helping Djordy. I play with him so he doesn’t miss his mommy.
- Addison (gr. 2) – I like lunch. I like to eat. (Who can disagree with that?)
- Sivan (gr. 3) – I like art and the library. We have really good books and I like to be creative.
- Charlotte (gr. 3) – I like having a new teacher and principal. I like art and math. I enjoy painting and designing and I like learning new things so my brain grows bigger and stronger. (No, we didn’t bribe her.)
- Caleb (gr. 8) – All he would give me is “I like weekends”. (I appreciate the honesty.)
I hope everyone is looking forward to an exciting new year at Central Perth. A place where we learn, play, and spend time with great teachers and friends.
Happy New Year!
January Character Attribute
This month, we will be focusing on the character attribute of Responsibility. Being responsible means others can depend on you. You are accountable for your actions. When things go wrong and you make a mistake, you make amends instead of excuses. When you are responsible, you keep your agreements. You give your best to any job. It is a sign of growing up.
CP – Twitter
Our Christmas food drive in December was success. We delivered 16 large boxes of non-perishable foods items to The House of Blessing in Stratford. Thank you so much for giving so generously.
Friday, February 1st, 2019 is scheduled as the next PD Day. There will be no school for students.
Monday, February 18th, 2019 is Family Day. Enjoy your time off with family and friends.
Emergency School Closing
If schools are to be closed for the entire day and/or if buses are not operating or operating on a two hour bus delay due to fog or snow, the information will be broadcast as early as possible. You can find out about delays on radio stations CJCS 1240 AM, CKNX 107.7 and CKNX 920 AM Radio. This information is also available online at the Cancellations and Delays Website (save to your favourites) or on the school twitter account.
Cold Weather and Outside Activities
Please make sure your child comes to school dressed for the appropriate weather. In the case of extreme cold weather, students will be kept inside if the temperature or the temperature plus the windchill goes below -25 C. When the temperature outside is nearing this, we shorten outside recess times, or have an indoor recess. Students are monitored for signs of discomfort and we have additional clothing available for students.
Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraiser
Once again this year, Central Perth School Council will be selling Little Caesars Pizza Kits as a fundraiser. This fundraiser will start on Monday, January 7th. All orders are due back to the school by Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019. Pick up will be Tuesday, February 12th. Exact times will be sent home closer to the date. Little Caesars pizzas make a great meal on Family Day!!
School Council Meeting
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the school Library. Everyone is welcome. The snow date will be Wednesday, January 23rd.
Changes Made to Parent/Student Information
It is very important that changes to student/parent information is kept updated through the office. In emergency situations, it is necessary for the office to have up-to-date phone numbers for home, cell and work.
Notes to the Office and Teachers
Parents are reminded to please send notes or call the school instead of sending an email. If the person to whom you are sending the message is away for the day, important messages can be missed. Just a reminder that we also have an answering machine for your convenience.