Welcome to South Perth Centennial Public School which is nestled in Blanchard Township near St. Marys, Ontario. At our school we bring together the very best of rural education and community values. Learning is strengthened by the work of dedicated staff and parents who work together to help students master basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics in a context that promotes 21st learning skills.
South Perth has:
- – a computer lab;
- a class set of iPads;
- a large gym for extracurricular sports and activities;
- dedicated special education, music and French classrooms;
- no portable classrooms.
All our classrooms have:
- SMARTBoards; and
- sound field systems.
Character Education at S.P.C. is fostered through:
- Tribes Learning Communities;
- the Virtues Project.
- Special assemblies are held to celebrate birthdays; award student success; and recognize teams and clubs.
We also promote inclusion through:
- classroom instruction; and
- special activities such as: The Peace Tree; The Rick Hansen Difference Maker program; Free the Children; and The Terry Fox Run.
Healthy Living is promoted through:
- Huron Perth Health Unit partnerships;
- the Eat and Learn healthy snack program, and
Our playground, situated on over 10 acres, incorporates:
- a naturalization area;
- a beautiful swing set;
- active playground equipment;
- soccer fields;
- basketball hoops; and
- tarmac games.
As mentioned earlier, the key to student success at South Perth Centennial rests with the involvement of our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and community members in our school life. And to top it off, student engagement is enhanced by many special activities subsidized by the Foundation for Learning, and our fabulous School Council. It truly takes a village to raise a child.