Another busy month has passed by in seemingly the wink of an eye! It culminated with a fun wrap up for Terry Fox, since we exceeded our goal, raising over $6500. Well done UTES! Mr. Robinson came back for the ice bucket challenge with the office staff, the students had an extra recess, Mrs. Vink provided everyone with a freezie, and Mrs. LaPorte’s class had a pizza party for being the class that raised the most amount of money – almost 10% of our grand total! Special shout out to Weston B in grade 2, who raised the most individually.
Hopefully, parents and guardians can come in for an interview tonight or Friday morning. It is important to make a connection between home and school. Both home and school are encouraged to stay on top of any concerns that may arise, as working together towards a solution in the best interest of the student, is always the goal.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 519-348-8472, or
UTES’ Kindergarten Registration is November 20th, 2018.
Call the school for a registration package!
Before and After School Program
As part of our on-going commitment to make the school day as seamless as possible for our families, we ask parents/guardians to share their tentative childcare needs for September of the next school year (2019) by completing an online survey. The survey can be found on the AMDSB website www.yourschools.ca/Programs & Services/Kindergarten
Families that are interested in Before and After school programs for their Junior/Senior Kindergarten children and/or grade 1 – 6 children are asked to complete the survey by December 1, 2018. If you require a paper copy, please contact the school.
Upcoming Events for November
- November 1st
Parent Teacher Interviews
- November 2nd
Parent Teacher Interviews
PA Day – no school for students
- November 5th
MAD SCIENCE begins
- November 6th
School Council meets at 6:30 p.m.
- November 8th
Mrs. Maschke’s class to Water Treatment Plant (pm)
- November 9th
Remembrance Day Assembly at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- November 12th and 13th
Lion’s Club Screening for Vision and Hearing for Kindergarten students
- November 16th
Spirit Day: Rainbow Day! Wear your wild colours
- November 20th
Calling All Three Year Olds
Kindergarten Registration at UTES (a.m.)
- November 27th
Family Fun Health and Wellness Night!
- December 10th – Primary Concert Dress Rehearsal at 11:45 a.m.
- December 11th – Primary Concert EveningPerformance at 6:30 pm
- December 19th – Kindergarten Concert at 12:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- December 6th – Cheese and Poinsettia Pick Up
- Foundation Workshop at UTES on Nov 27th: Students in Mrs. Agar’s class will have the opportunity to redesign an old t-shirt. They will be introduced to the concept of creating pattern through sewing stitches. Using an old t-shirt brought in from home, students will generate patterns around hems, cuffs, necks and basic shapes; and learn basic sewing skills (threading a needle, knots, running stitch and applique) to repair and decorate clothing in a decorative manner. The practice of design will be explored through the application of colour, pattern and motif. The traditional art of renewing and repairing clothing with stitching will be encouraged as a sustainable and creative practice. Sounds like a cool workshop!
AMDSB is asking for members of SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee)!
Family Health and Wellness Event
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Pre-register for workshops:
- Making Kub Cars with UTES’ staff- Parent/Child Spa with UTES’ staff- Holiday Ornaments with UTES’staff
- Jacked UP! With AJ Moses- Zumba with Sherry Kresky-
- Yogalates with Jenn Moses- Paint Night with Brushstrokes in Motion
- Musical Jam Session with Mrs. Nicholson
- Step Dancing with Laurie Otten
- Do It Yourself Essential Oils with Carrie Cronin
See the more detailed flyer. Plan to attend!
This is a joint venture of the Parent Councils of both MDHS and UTES.